Saturday, January 30, 2010
My uninteresting life
When did emailing replace writing letters, texting replace calling, and facebook replace socializing? When did wearing sweatshirts to a hole-in-the-wall bar become more fun than getting gussied up to go to a dance club? When did conversations turn from grades and gossip to recipes and kids? When was the last time I walked to class instead of walked to exercise? When did going out to dinner become more fun than just going out? When did getting up early on a Saturday morning start to feel better than staying out late? When did counting the months I'd been with my boyfriend turn into the years I've been with my husband? When did getting my ring cleaned become one of the best free treats? When did trips to the mall turn into trips to the hardware store? When did thousand-dollar purchases replace hundred-dollar purchases? When did my parents become so cool and so knowledgable? When did my siblings become my friends? When did my job turn into my career? When did church turn into somewhere I want to be instead of somewhere I have to be? When did my high heels get replaced with flats? When did I start holding the steering wheel with both hands instead of one? Could it be that I am officially a grown-up? Sometime, in the last few years, a transformation took place... and now I have grown-up expenses and grown-up responsibilities and grown-up priorities and grown-up joys and a grown-up life. And I wanted it all. It just came naturally...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment