A couple of weeks ago, I was a little nervous that I would never get the "nesting instinct" that some women experience late in their pregnancy that involves the urge to prepare their nest for the arrival of their new baby. Then, one weekend- BAM!- it hit me: the energy I needed to do all the last minute preparations before this baby is born. But what is left to do? My hospital bags are packed and the house is clean.
That's when I realized that I just had to polish the silver and steam the drapes immediately. My baby can't come home to wrinkly curtains!!
Then I decided I needed a project to work on or I would drive myself insane impatiently awaiting the birth of this baby.
So I spray-painted these...
...and found these in the basement...
...and framed some cool wrapping paper...
Then, I decided I should finish decorating the nursery since I finally received the bedding...
...so I covered this...
...with a paper lantern...
(Remember those plain-old plaques from the"in-progress" nursery pictures before? Well, above is the finished product that stemmed from the creativity of my friend Katie who made me these animal silhouettes. Then I decoupaged them onto the plaques. Check out more of Katie's artistic talent at her blog: http://brambleberrygrace.blogspot.com/)
...and I painted this...
...and covered over this...
...to match the nursery...
(J never really understood the significance of the "Three Chicks" sign anyway)
So, all that is left to do is wait for baby to arrive. Wait for what seems like an eternity. Today, a lady asked me, "When are you due?" "Thursday," I replied. Thursday, as in four days from now. Anytime, baby, anytime!
Megan informed me of your blog...now I can be a fan! Thurs. will come soon enough, pamper yourself for a few days!
ReplyDeleteAlicia
hurry up child!!! I keep waiting for a call:)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the nursery!!!! And so happy to have found your blog! :) Glad your nesting instincts kicked in. Your projects are awesome!
ReplyDelete