To make our New Year's Eve a little more special, I wanted to make this creation found on the back of a Wheat Thins box:
Here is what mine looked like:
Not quite as pretty as the original, is it? So, after getting discouraged and over-analyzing the recipe's picture (Either those are really big almonds or they did not use the entire cheese-spinach-ball mixture in their photo, and if the latter is true, then they should have spelled that out in the recipe!) I ended up covering the entire ball with what was left of my almonds and decided it was just as nice and delicious.
Happy New Year! I hope your celebration was just as fun as ours. 2010 was a great year for our household, so I'm sure 2011 will be even better!
By the way, is it "New Year's Eve" with an apostrophe or "New Years Eve?" I would consider myself fairly good at spelling and punctuation, but when I googled this (or "IHOP-ed it" like my uncle says, which I imagine is a combination of the names of technological advances such as IPod, laptop and YouTube) I found both ways listed. So, I apologize if I am wrong with my use -or lack of- apostrophes.

No comments:
Post a Comment