Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Did You Get Your Hairs Cut?

L took it upon himself to cut his own hair last week.  He said it was because "it was sticking up."  After I finally noticed the two chunks of hair missing from the top of his head, we had a life lesson about how only grown-ups can use those sharp scissors, and only the lady at the "haircut store" can cut his hair.

Please pardon the picture quality.  It was taken with my cell phone.

 
L had to carry on with this crazy 'do for a couple days until the next time we went to The Big City.  Everywhere we went, he had to explain why his hair looked so weird.  Hopefully he was just embarrassed enough to learn his lesson.

When I took L to get his hair fixed, the only successful option was to buzz it.  I was kind of making a big deal about it- you know, taking pictures and such.  We got in the car after the humbling haircut, and I was talking to him in the rear-view mirror about how different he looked.  Then, he somberly says, "Mom, put the mirror up. I don't want to look in it anymore. I just want to be what I beeeed.... Long hair."


Trying not to laugh, but feeling sorry for him at the same time, I told him he looked good and this is what happens when kids cut their own hair.  Crisis averted; L is fine with the way he looks and now this story can be recorded in his baby book.





Tell me this is something that EVERY kid does, right?  Like a right of passage?  My opinion is that at least he didn't cut somebody ELSE's hair (like I did when I was a his age).  And at least he's a boy so he can easily pull off the buzz cut.  Please share your childhood hair-cutting catastrophe stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment