We are full swing into harvest, and sometimes I still can’t believe that a short time ago, I didn’t know the difference between a tractor and a combine. Gosh, I wasn’t even positive when harvest was!
Back when I was completely naïve to the entire concept of farming, I thought working outside all day didn’t sound too bad. I’m even going to tell you that I once said that I could catch a nice tan on top of the combine. Don’t worry, I now know that the only “tan” I would catch would be a thick layer of dust and wheat chaff!
I have come a long way since then, but occasionally, the Zsa Zsa Gabor in me comes out. I had a Green Acres moment this spring while riding with my farmer and son in a tractor. I noticed a nifty roller shade on the windshield, and commented, “This is nice, is it new?”
I got the “you’ve got to be kidding me!” look. Then, he said, “Jill, the whole tractor is new!”
Oh well, they still all sorta look the same to me :s
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment