Friday, August 26, 2011

Enuf

Enough.
Am I a good enough mom?
Am I a good enough Christian?
Am I a good enough wife?
Am I a good enough friend?
Am I a good enough employee?
Am I a good enough daughter, sister, cousin, niece?

Everything to everyone. It cannot be done.


Pressure.
Pressure to be distinguished, successful, professional.
Pressure to make a good living.
Pressure to be a wonderful cook, meticulous housekeeper, efficient manager of the household, crucial farm help.
Pressure to keep up with the Joneses.
Pressure to be cool and humble, amusing and serious, sincere and comedic, open-minded and discerning, gracious and aggressive, practical and visionary, creative and productive, stern and loving, willing to try new things and stick to personal morals, flexible and intentional, be content and reach for the stars.


Know your limits.
and
Learn to say “No.”
but
Say “Yes” when it really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment