Monday, February 25, 2013

Lucas Stories

Although his toy box is filled with trucks, tractors, balls and hockey sticks, Lucas still knows how to play with dolls, kitchen stuff and princesses. The one he always points out and calls by name is "Princerella." You know? The one with the glass slipper!



Here he is shaving just like Daddy


 
During the holiday season, we enjoyed listening to Christmas music in the car. One day said, "Mom, let's sing the Spanish Christmas song: 'Pah-lease Mom and Dad....Please Mom and Dad!" (Insert those words as you sing 'Feliz Navidad' in your head, and you'll know where he was coming from!)
 
 
This morning, I said, "Lucas, look at the trees- they're all white and frosty!" He replied, "Oh, like on cake?"  I realized he thought I said 'frosting' and not 'frosty.'
 
 

He loves it when we give him "piggy-bank rides."
 
 
He says "to-yesterday," which actually makes a lot of sense when the alternatives are 'TOday' and 'TOmorrow.'
 
 
If he could watch movies all day, he'd be in heaven. His latest favorite is Wreck-It Ralph, but he used to call it Rock and Roll since the two phrases apparently sound similar.  Another favorite is "Despicable MOMMA" or "Despicable YOU."  I figured he calls it that because when I would say "Lucas, do you want to watch Despicable Me?" he thought I was referring to myself.

 

He had Jason and I rolling on the floor laughing one time when he meant to say "Are they theirs?" but couldn't figure out how to phrase it. Instead, it came out, "Are them thems?  Are them theys?  Is theirs thems?  Are these thems?"

 

My heart melts when he compliments me: "Nice dress, Mom!" and "Cool paint, Mom!"


The other day, he nicely asked, "Mom, can you turn the light on for me? It's too ghosty in there." (It was dark in the bathroom.)



I don’t ever want to forget how he makes me smileJ

 

 
He doesn't like Spiderman at all




 


No comments:

Post a Comment